A dissertation is a long and highly research piece of academic writing that can only be written after searching for original and authentic resources. The teachers assign this dissertation writing task to students as a part of their undergraduate or postgraduate degree program and the students are required to work hard and come up with top quality and custom paper if they want to enjoy success in class.
Writing a dissertation on psychology can sometimes be tough because it takes a lot of research and hard work and most of the students feel very frustrated because it often becomes too tough to manage. The main problem they face is lack of sufficient time to write it as there is so much going on in their academic and personal life and they feel that they are unable to concentrate. In addition to this, lack of research, writing and editing skills also makes it very tough for students to produce the best papers. From structure to format, there are so many aspects of dissertation writing that students need to focus on to write a great psychology dissertation.
While the structure of a dissertation mainly on the field in which you are working or what the teacher has told you, yet the typical standard remains the same world over. A psychology dissertation can be divided into at least four or five parts or chapters along with various other sub-parts to make the paper more interesting and engaging for the readers. It might seem to be the toughest job to write a good dissertation on psychology but you can succeed by following some simple and correct steps as here explained by a dissertation writing service.
Structure of a Psychology Dissertation:
- Title Page: The cover or the title page of the psychology dissertation should contain the vital information that includes the title of the dissertation, the name of the student, reason for submitting the dissertation along with the name of the university and the department and information regarding the month and year.
- Acknowledgment: In this part of the dissertation, you have to thank all those people who helped you in writing the paper and how appreciation for their efforts. You can mention their names along with their designation if they hold any.
- Abstract: It sums up the dissertation in a few lines. Ideally, it should be about 120 to 150 words and cover the background of the topic, the main aim behind the study, methods that were used for conducting research as well as the results you have obtained.
- Table of Contents: Here you will have to list all the sections and chapters and any other written work in a list form along with the page numbers so that the reader access the information without any problem.
- Introduction: The introduction will serve as the reason to establish a context for research. It will also provide information regarding the research question and provides readers with the idea of what is coming in the next parts.
- Literature Review: It is an abstract of the published and accessible information regarding the psychology dissertation topic. The information that you are using should be taken from trusted and credible sources so that you can stay focused on the task and come up with top quality and brilliant paper that provides the best information to the readers.
- Methodology: This is a key chapter and must be handled carefully. You must explain how the research of this study will be conducted and how it is relevant and. You will also have to explain why you have chosen the particular methods and what results they will get.
- Results: In this part, you will present the results of the research you have carried out. They can be in the form of data or other statistics and you will have to make sure to present them most accurately without your personal opinion. Make sure that you present the results as you get them.
- Discussion: This part of the dissertation will discuss and evaluate the findings that have obtained in the search results in the context of the literature that you have used. The discussion will be centered on the research question to prove it right but it does not have necessarily approve it, it can be rejected too but logically with evidence.
- Recommendations: Once you have presented all the research findings and their analysis, you must provide readers with the option to read more about the subject and topic by offering a few recommendations.
- Bibliography: It will contain a list of all sources you have used for writing the paper.
- Appendices: It will include the graphs, tables, figures, interviews, questionnaires, summaries of your survey, and statistical results. It is necessary to discuss the structure of your psychology dissertation with the teacher or go through the guidelines carefully to write the paper in the best way for desired results.